- McMillon set to succeed Duke as Walmart CEO
- Former Walmart CEO joins board of Victory Electronic Cigarettes
- Armada announces Myrtle Potter will join Summit lineup, adds pre-conference session
- Pharmaca's Mark Panzer to pursue opportunity at Sears Holding
- Taro to repurchase up to 5.3% of outstanding stock for $200 million
HAWTHORNE, N.Y. — Taro Pharmaceutical Industries announced that one of its board members has resigned.
The generic drug maker confirmed the resignation of Ilan Leviteh, effective Nov. 14. Leviteh stepped down as a director due to demands on his time relating to obligations to other companies, along with concern over fulfilling the increased time commitments required of the board in light of the recent offer from Sun Pharmaceutical Industries to purchase all of Taro’s issued and outstanding shares not currently held by Sun Pharma.
The company noted that Leviteh did not indicate any disagreement on any matter relating to the company’s operations, policies or practices.