- Rite Aid posts strong Q4, FY2012
- CVS Caremark names Helena Foulkes EVP, chief healthcare strategy and marketing officer
- Retailers, suppliers recover, provide relief in Sandy's aftermath
- Target to hire approximately 200 new team members with Baltimore store opening
- Mike Bloom resigns from CVS/pharmacy, assumes president, COO role at Family Dollar
MISSISSAUGA, Ontario — Target Corp. is opening 17 new stores in Canada's Ontario province Tuesday and four more on March 28, the mass merchandise retailer said Monday.
Target said the soft openings follow the launch of three pilot stores and will allow the company to engage in volume testing ahead of their April grand opening. The company plans to open 124 stores across Canada this year.
"Welcoming the first Canadian guests at our pilot stores was a great moment for all team members at Target," Target Canada president Tony Fisher said. "We have learned quickly from the results of our pilot stores and are committed to delivering on Target's 'Expect More. Pay Less.' brand promise as we approach our grade opening in early April."