MINNEAPOLIS — As consumers are reaching the final days to squeeze in their holiday shopping, Target has announced some last-minute deals.
Guests using Cartwheel, the retailer's unique savings program, can take advantage of a one-day sale on Dec. 19 when around 40 great gift items — ranging from toys to cookware — will have special offers with discounts ranging from 10% to 60% off. Cartwheel has gained more than 1 million new users this season alone, putting the number of guests signed up for the program at 4 million.
Last minute online shoppers also can get in on the deals with Target.com's new buy online, pick up in-store service, which has enjoyed strong demand this season. Target will host the Last Minute Sale in stores from Dec. 22-24 to help guests check off the last items on their holiday shopping lists.
Some of the top selling items and categories this holiday season include:
- Electronics: iPad Air and Beats headphones, mobile phones, cameras and video games
- Toys: Lego minifigures, Flutterbye Flying Fairy, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles action figures and gear and Zoomer the robot dog
- Entertainment: "Despicable Me 2" and "Fast & Furious 6" on DVD and Blu-Ray
- Housewares: Keurig brewers and Dyson vacuums
- Apparel and Accessories: Jewelry and handbags
The retailer also has offered some insight into its performance so far this holiday season.
“We are pleased with Target’s holiday performance — from guest experience and engagement, to overall results both in-store and online,” Gregg Steinhafel, chairman, president and chief executive officer, Target said. “We’ve seen that no matter how, where or when they want to shop, our guests are finding the perfect mix of top gifts and deals.”