- Target to expand omnichannel offerings in Q3 as new mobile app sees strong growth
- Tejava iced tea announces expanded distribution to CVS, Target
- Target unveils contest to fuel innovation in health care
- Target tests new baby sections at 10 Chicago stores
- Target expands Beauty Concierge program to nearly 100 stores
NEW YORK — Fast Company magazine and Target are sponsoring a competition to develop a new mobile experience for Target, with a grand prize of $75,000.
The Co.Labs and Target Retail Accelerator is a competition to create either a mobile app or a mobile-enabled website design for the retailer, taking places at the Fast Co. Grill in Austin, Texas, blocks away from the SXSW conference. Entries will be accepted between this Friday and April 30, and seven finalists will be selected in May and awarded $10,000 to develop their prototypes.
"Innovation is core to Target's culture and strategy, and we are always looking for new ideas to enhance the shopping experience for our guests," Target president for multichannel and SVP enterprise strategy Casey Carl said. "We're proud to partner with an innovative publication like Fast Company, and we can't wait to see what the developer community brings to the table through the Retail Accelerator."