- Crossmark names Janet Carter-Smith VP
- Target unveils contest to fuel innovation in health care
- Albertson's LLC to acquire United Supermarkets
- Texas community pharmacist named 2013 NCPA Willard B. Simmons Independent Pharmacist of the Year
- NuVal, eastern Texas public health group partner on wellness initiatives
MINNEAPOLIS — Target has assisted Texas wildfire relief efforts by donating $60,000.
Target said that a $25,000 cash donation was made to the American Red Cross with the additional cash and product donations — including 12,000 bottles of water, 3,600 bottles of Gatorade, 500 boxes of snacks, clothing, diapers, toiletries and bedding — made to other nonprofit organizations in the Texas area.
“When disaster strikes, Target listens and acts quickly to donate time, money and essentials to help support the needs of our communities,” Target chairman, president and CEO Gregg Steinhafel said. “Our thoughts are with those affected in Texas and we hope our donation will aid in the community’s recovery.”