In a new post on Target's A Bullseye View blog, Target CIO Mike McNamara explains the reasoning behind the retailer's decision to offer an unprecedented Cyber Monday promotion: 15% off site-wide and store-wide from Nov. 27 to Nov. 28.
McNamara says the retailer's move to combine stores and online for a more seamless holiday shopping experience marks a new chapter in Cyber Monday history.
The sitewide, storewide 15 percent discount – which will go live online early Sunday morning, Nov. 27 – will simply be applied at checkout both online and in stores during the two-day sale. No online promo code or in-store coupon will be required. New this year, Target is expanding the 15 percent off discount to include all gaming consoles, iRobot vacuums, KitchenAid appliances and all Apple products – including iPhone and Apple Watch. And, as always, all online orders on Target.com ship for free throughout the holidays.
In addition, guests can visit Target.com/WeeklyAd beginning Sunday, Nov. 27, to view a selection of week-long Cyber Week deals, available only at Target.com from Nov. 27 through Dec. 3. Guests will find discounts on gifting items across electronics, toys, home and more. Top deals include:
- Samsung 43” Ultra HD TV, $399.99 plus $50 Target GiftCard (Reg. $599.99)
- Free Xbox Live Gold three-month membership ($24.99 value) with purchase of Xbox One S 500GB console with Battlefield 1 digital download, $249.99 (Reg. $299.99) (console sale price available Nov. 27-28)
- Free $100 Target GiftCard with purchase of any Swagtron T1/T3 Hoverboard (Reg. $349.99/$449.99)
- Up to 25 percent off K’NEX, Mega Bloks, Magformers, and select LEGO toys
- KitchenAid Professional 5-qt. Stand Mixer, $199.99 (Reg. $449.99)
- iRobot Roomba 880 robotic vacuum, $449.99 (Reg. $599.99)
- Save $10 when you spend $50 and save $25 when you spend $100 on trees, lights, décor, ornaments and more (offer available in-store and online)
Read more about Target's latest strategy shift by clicking here.