- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Study: Limiting NPs' scope of practice leads to higher costs
- Walgreens offers free blood-pressure testing in support of American Heart Month
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
CONSHOHOCKEN, Pa. Take Care Health Systems, which is owned by Walgreens, has announced that it now is offering camp and sports physicals at all Take Care Clinics nationwide.
The clinics, located within nearly 360 Walgreens stores nationwide, are offering physicals for $35 through the end of September. The physicals are administered by nurse practitioners and, in select markets, physician assistants.
"Camp and sports physicals provide an important opportunity to meet face-to-face with a healthcare provider who can screen patients for undetected healthcare conditions and answer any questions parents may have about the overall health and wellness of their child,: stated Sandy Ryan, chief nurse practitioner for Take Care Health Systems. "Physicals are also a convenient opportunity to ensure that a patient's immunizations are up-to-date and administer appropriate vaccinations for school-aged children."
Added Peter Miller, president and CEO of Take Care Health Systems, "Take Care Clinics are here to help families during busy times. Our clinics offer a high-quality, affordable option for parents to ensure children have completed all of their necessary physical exam requirements. Our extended evening and weekend hours give parents and children the flexibility to seek care with our experienced clinicians when it is convenient to them."
The camp and sports physicals at Take Care Clinics do not take the place of a child's yearly health exam and complete development assessment, the company stated. Take Care Health Systems providers encourage all patients to have a primary care provider or pediatrician who can facilitate this longer-term relationship.
High school and middle school-level, pre-participation sports physicals are not available at Take Care Clinics in Kansas.