- Bitcoin gains popularity among retailers
- L’Oréal Paris brings beauty to NYC subway system with breakthrough vending experience
- Reports: ESI may start 'price war' over new hepatitis C drugs
- Walgreens Infusion Services can save $10.8 million in healthcare costs annually
- Walgreens' corporate operations VP tapped to lead health care for Boots in U.K. and Ireland
LISLE, Ill. — Pharmacy benefit manager SXC Health Solutions has appointed president and CEO Mark Thierer as chairman of the board, the company said.
Thierer previously was a director at the company and replaces Terrence Burke, who will retire from the company this year. Board compensation committee chairman Steve Cosler has been appointed lead independent director for the company.
“On behalf of the board and management at SXC, I’d like to thank Terry for [more than] 10 years of leadership and support as a director of SXC,” Thierer said. “During the past several years, we have made significant strategic moves to establish SXC as the industry’s leading middle-market PBM, and we are well positioned to maintain our momentum and continue along our aggressive growth trajectory.”