- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- GSK, Walgreens launch Sponsorship to Quit, a free online quit-smoking program
- Walgreens' corporate operations VP tapped to lead health care for Boots in U.K. and Ireland
CHICAGO — Swisse Wellness, one of Australia's leading multivitamin brands, on Thursday announced availability of 15 of its most popular multivitamins and dietary supplements through Walgreens.
"We are impressed by Swisse's growth, commitment to its principles and the research investment in the premium quality of their multivitamins and supplements," stated Robert Tompkins, divisional VP and general merchandise manager for Walgreens.
Academy Award winner Nicole Kidman is the global face of Swisse Wellness and will be featured in the brand's U.S. marketing campaign, Swisse noted.
"Our carefully selected premium ingredients and researched formulations are key differentiators for Swisse products. We believe in providing vitamins and supplements that absorb and perform at high levels and are supported by research," stated Radek Sali, CEO of Swisse Wellness. "Our philosophy is to put our consumers first and deliver on our core principles to celebrate life every day."
The company's U.S. expansion includes opening an office in Chicago, introducing additional product lines and entering new retail partnerships.
The new brand lineup hitting VMS shelves include the company's multivitamins, Men's Ultivite F1 and Women's Ultivite F1, Swisse Ultiboost Wild Krill Oil and Ultiboost Co-Enzyme Q10. Swisse U.S. products are made in America, the company noted.
DSN recently sat down with Sali for some insights into the company’s approach to the U.S. launch.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.