- Walgreens partners with United Nations Foundation's Shot@Life campaign
- Study: Cough-cold manufacturers' voluntary label change on pediatric products reduced ER admissions
- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Walgreens partners with Chicago Public Schools and city health department on Tdap vaccination project
- PhRMA report lists 271 vaccines in development
PETIT LANCY, Switzerland — Swiss Precision Diagnostics recently launched its Clearblue Advanced Pregnancy Test with Weeks Estimator — the first and only pregnancy test that also provides an estimate of time since ovulation for women testing pregnant — into the U.S. marketplace.
As with other home pregnancy tests, the Clearblue Advanced Pregnancy Test with Weeks Estimator detects hCG, the hormone produced early in pregnancy and excreted in the urine. Uniquely, in addition to detecting hCG, the Clearblue Advanced Pregnancy Test with Weeks Estimator also measures the level of hCG to estimate time since ovulation.
The Weeks Estimator feature assumes ovulation occurred on the day after the urinary luteinizing hormone surge and works on a threshold basis of urinary hCG levels: there are three time bands that give an estimate of one to two, two to three, and three or more weeks. These thresholds are based on extensive research of urinary hCG rise in early pregnancy, the company reported.
The Clearblue Advanced Pregnancy Test with Weeks Estimator gives an estimate of time since ovulation that is 93% in agreement with time since ovulation is relative to the LH surge.