- Supervalu now features Stayhealthy HealthCENTER Kiosks
- Supervalu commits to fixing retail banners, reports positive IDs for Save-A-Lot
- Walgreens gets top score among drug chains in Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Reports: Polar vortex drives blizzard of sales for some retailers
WASHINGTON Supervalu, parent company of Shoppers Food & Pharmacy, has appointed Tim Lowe president of Shoppers.
Lowe, who recently served as SVP operations for Shoppers, will assume his new role on Oct. 11. Lowe succeeds Dick Bergman, who retired from Shoppers on Oct. 1.
With nearly 20 years of retail experience, Lowe first joined Supervalu in 2009 as the SVP operations at Shoppers. He returns to Supervalu after a brief tenure at Burlington Coat Factory as SVP operations. Lowe's retail grocery experience also includes five years with Meijer, where he was promoted to the role of VP general merchandise for retail stores, and seven years with Walmart, where his most recent position was regional manager of retail stores.