- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
PRINCETON, N.J. — According to Kantar Media's 2013 pharmacy study released last month, pharmacists are making more OTC product recommendations than prescription product recommendations per day.
The survey found that pharmacists are making seven OTC product recommendations per day on average, vs. almost five prescription recommendations per day.
Pharmacists make on average four vitamin recommendations and three herbal supplement recommendations. And they make about one recommendation per day on the purchase of durable medical equipment.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.