- Supervalu commits to fixing retail banners, reports positive IDs for Save-A-Lot
- New Albertson's buys five more Dominick's stores; names president of Jewel-Osco
- Supervalu now features Stayhealthy HealthCENTER Kiosks
- Jewel-Osco to celebrate reopening of Chicago Ohio & State location
- Report: Jewel-Osco president Emmons to retire
ITASCA, Ill. — Fans of "Zombieland" take heart — should the world come to an end, the last Twinkie will be available at a Chicago-area Jewel Osco.
Jewel-Osco, a Supervalu company, on Monday announced that beginning Tuesday morning the retailer will begin selling what are believed to be the last shipments of Hostess products. More than 20,000 boxes of Twinkies will be sold at regular price through select Chicago-area Jewel-Osco stores, the company stated. "Customers looking for Ding Dongs, Zingers and Orange Cupcakes will also be in luck."
As of Tuesday morning, 10-count box Twinkies were being auctioned for as much as $10.
There will be no limit on how many items a customer can buy, Supervalu stated.
A complete list of participating stores and delivery times is available on Jewel-Osco's Facebook page at www.facebook.com/jewelosco.