- Walmart, Walgreens, Supervalu join First Lady to combat food deserts
- Supervalu will continue to focus on value pricing, hyperlocal merchandising in fiscal 2013
- Supervalu announces slowdown of price position overhaul as buyout speculation populates newswires
- Crain's: Klaff Realty eyeing Supervalu's Jewel-Osco business
- Report: Shaw's may be pulled from sale block
MINNEAPOLIS — Supervalu on Monday issued a clarification that its Albertsons banners are not removing any self-checkout lanes from their stores.
Confusion was created out of an announcement at the top of July that Albertsons LLC, a separate entity that owns and operates 217 stores in Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Louisiana, New Mexico, Texas and Utah, decided to remove self-checkout lanes from its stores.
“Since this story broke last week, our customers have called us and we learned first-hand that they want and appreciate the convenience of self-checkout lanes,” stated Lilia Rodriguez, Supervalu spokeswoman.