- Walmart, Walgreens, Supervalu join First Lady to combat food deserts
- Supervalu sells 877 stores, reuniting Albertsons under one operator
- Supervalu will continue to focus on value pricing, hyperlocal merchandising in fiscal 2013
- Supervalu completes deal with AB Acquisition
- Retailers, suppliers recover, provide relief in Sandy's aftermath
MINNEAPOLIS — Supervalu has launched a single-serve size of its premium coffee product.
New Java Delight single-serve UnCup, which will be available in all of Supervalu's traditional retail banners — including Acme, Albertsons, Cub Foods, Farm Fresh, Hornbacher's, Jewel-Osco, Shaw's, Star Market, Shop 'n Save and Shoppers — as well as independent stores that are supplied by Supervalu's wholesale division. Currently, the coffee will be available in six flavors and additional flavors currently are in development, the company said. The UnCup pod can be used with leading single-serve coffee makers, including Keurig brewing systems.
"The UnCup pod provides our customers with a premium single serve coffee at an affordable price," Supervalu VP private brands Sam Mayberry said. "It was also important for us to develop a product that is more environmentally friendly and our UnCup single serve pod uses 30% less material by weight than the leading national brand pod. Protecting the environment is very important to Supervalu and we continue to focus on producing as little waste as possible when launching new products and packaging."