- Supervalu commits to fixing retail banners, reports positive IDs for Save-A-Lot
- Supervalu launches fleet of natural gas-powered trucks out of Virginia
- McKesson names industry veterans Chris Dimos, Melanie Nallicheri to SVP roles
- Walgreens gets top score among drug chains in Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index
- Walmart, Kroger identified as leading retailers in providing opportunity to diversity business owners
MINNEAPOLIS — Supervalu announced that the president of its Farm Fresh banner is leaving his post to pursue other interests.
The company, which is undergoing a turnaround strategy, announced that Gaelo de la Fuente has left his post at Farm Fresh, a 43-store division in the Virginia Beach/Norfolk, Va., market. Replacing de la Fuente as interim president is Bill Parker, Farm Fresh's SVP merchandising. Parker, who assumes his new role on Sept. 15, brings more than 35 years of experience in the grocery industry to this expanded role. He has been with Farm Fresh for 14 years, holding director, VP and SVP roles in both operations and merchandising over that time. Prior to that, Parker worked at the Albertsons Florida division as a district sales manager and store director for 21 years.
"Gaelo has been a solid leader who has made several contributions to Farm Fresh's success, and we wish him well," said Kevin Holt, president of Supervalu's retail division. "We are fortunate to have someone with Bill's extensive operation and merchandising experience that will be able to keep the business moving forward as we look to identify a replacement at Farm Fresh."