- Walmart, Walgreens, Supervalu join First Lady to combat food deserts
- Supervalu will continue to focus on value pricing, hyperlocal merchandising in fiscal 2013
- Supervalu transitions EVP retail operations role to former Meijer executive
- Pertussis vaccine offered at Albertsons/Sav-On pharmacies
- Dan Salemi to be named president of pharmacy at new Albertsons
MINNEAPOLIS — A 20-year veteran at Supervalu will become a senior counselor outside of the company for one year.
David Boehnen, who as EVP was responsible for legal, business development, real estate and store development, as well as government affairs, will leave his post at the retailer but will serve as a senior counselor for Supervalu president and CEO Craig Herkert for one year.
The change is effective Dec. 15.
“I have had a close relationship with Supervalu extending for many years, even before I joined the company in early 1991. I will reflect on it fondly as I move into the next phase of my career,” Boehnen said. “While I will no longer be involved in the day-to-day activities of the company, I look forward to working with Craig and the management team in my new capacity.”
With Boehnen’s new role, Todd Sheldon, group VP legal, will be promoted to SVP and general counsel, reporting to Andy Herring, EVP real estate, market development and legal.