- Supervalu now features Stayhealthy HealthCENTER Kiosks
- Supervalu commits to fixing retail banners, reports positive IDs for Save-A-Lot
- Two Supervalu board members, both with Cerberus, resign in wake of Safeway/Albertsons deal
- Albertsons to acquire Safeway in deal worth more than $9.1 billion to Safeway shareholders
- Supervalu to open Colorado DC to feed Denver market
MINNEAPOLIS — Supervalu confirmed on Thursday that the previously announced review of strategic alternatives is proceeding, and it continues to be in active discussion with several parties.
The retailer stated that there can be no assurance that this process will result in any transaction or any change in the company’s overall structure or its business model.
Supervalu has a network of approximately 4,400 stores composed of 1,099 traditional retail stores, including 797 in-store pharmacies; 1,341 Save-A-Lot stores, of which 943 are operated by licensee owners; and 1,950 independent stores serviced primarily by the company's food distribution business.