- Nielsen survey: Price most persuasive when incentivizing brand switch; improved features least influential
- Supervalu commits to fixing retail banners, reports positive IDs for Save-A-Lot
- Supervalu now features Stayhealthy HealthCENTER Kiosks
- Navarro spotlights private-label brand at Hispanicize 2014
- Supervalu launches fleet of natural gas-powered trucks out of Virginia
MINNEAPOLIS — Supervalu is expanding its private-label offering to include 2,700 products across more than 100 categories by 2013.
Essential Everyday products, which are available at approximately 3,300 stores nationwide — including Supervalu's family of stores — currently features more than 1,200 items across more than 40 categories. The expanded Essential Everyday brand lineup was introduced in New York last week by chef and cookbook author Antonia Lofaso.
"We've been very pleased with customers' initial response to Essential Everyday. Consumers continue to look for products that exceed their expectations in the areas of affordable value. Our Essential Everyday brand does just that," Supervalu VP private brands Sam Mayberry said. "In addition to providing high-quality products at a great value, we're focused on building customer loyalty for Essential Everyday and our other private brands by continuously innovating and bringing fresh ideas to our brand lineups."
The Essential Everyday portfolio includes three tiers of brands: premium, national-brand equivalent and value brands. The company's private brands account for about $6 billion in annual sales.