- Supervalu commits to fixing retail banners, reports positive IDs for Save-A-Lot
- Supervalu launches fleet of natural gas-powered trucks out of Virginia
- Two Supervalu board members, both with Cerberus, resign in wake of Safeway/Albertsons deal
- McKesson names industry veterans Chris Dimos, Melanie Nallicheri to SVP roles
- Supervalu names Jerry Storch chairman, succeeds Robert Miller in that capacity
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. — Supervalu on Friday announced a leadership change at the company’s Shoppers division, based in Bowie, Md., as current president Bob Bly has decided to leave the company to pursue new career opportunities. VP merchandising Bob Gleeson and VP operations Micky Nye will lead Shoppers on an interim basis while the search for a replacement is underway.
The change is effective immediately, the grocer reported.
“I want to thank Bob for the contributions he made during his time at Shoppers and wish him all the best going forward,” stated Sam Duncan, Supervalu president and CEO. “He helped guide the retail banner through a time of significant change at Supervalu, and his leadership is greatly appreciated," he said. "In the near-term, I’m pleased we have two very capable leaders in Bob Gleeson and Micky Nye able to immediately take over the day-to-day leadership at Shoppers. Both have vast knowledge of the grocery industry and broad experience that will serve Shoppers well through this transition.”
Gleeson and Nye will report to Mark Van Buskirk, EVP merchandising, marketing and retail at Supervalu.
Bly was appointed president of Shoppers in August 2012. Prior to joining Supervalu, he was a VP for Sears.