- FDA approves Plan B One-Step OTC switch
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- USPLabs agrees to recall and destroy dietary supplement following FDA actions
- FDA approves liquid form of enalapril to treat BP in children, adults
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
MUMBAI, India — The Food and Drug Administration has approved a generic Alzheimer’s disease treatment from Sun Pharmaceutical Industries.
Sun said Thursday that the FDA had approved its galantamine hydrobromide extended-release capsules in the 8-mg, 16-mg and 24-mg strengths.
The drug is a generic version of Johnson & Johnson’s Razadyne ER, which has annual sales of about $50 million, according to Sun.