- Coppertone unveils sunscreen innovations
- Sanofi: Nasacort first nasal corticosteroid available without a prescription
- Rolaids to once again spell relief for heartburn remedy sets
- Nasacort Allergy 24HR Nasal Spray reaches store shelves
- W.S. Badger voluntarily recalls childrens' sunscreen due to microbial contamination
COCOA, Fla. — Sun & Skin Care Research announced on Monday that it has completed the acquisition of the Bull Frog sunscreen brand from Chattem, a division of Sanofi U.S.
"Bull Frog is an iconic brand that we believe will respond positively to our laser focus on the sun care category and our commitment to growing brands through innovation, advertising and best-in-class retail service,” stated Steve Taylor, CEO of Sun & Skin Care Research. “We are well positioned to leverage the Bull Frog market opportunity and drive the brand to a new level.”
Bull Frog was the first sun care brand to provide water resistant protection and the first mass marketed sunscreen/insect repellent line. Launched in 1985 in California, Bull Frog offered serious sun protection to surfers who spent hours in the water. The brand has since expanded beyond that core audience.
"This acquisition is consistent with our long-term strategy, which includes growing our sun care portfolio with clearly differentiated offerings as part of a broader diversification strategy," added Taylor.
Sun & Skin Care Research’s portfolio also include Ocean Potion, NO-AD and Parrot Head from Margaritaville.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.