- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Reports: Mich. bill would allow marijuana sales in pharmacies
- Former CMS, FDA chief McClellan delivers keynote at Cardinal Health RBC
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
- On the heels of Q3, Walgreens outlines shift in front-end strategy and pharmacy tailwinds looking forward
TARRYTOWN, N.Y. — More than half of Americans suffer from motion sickness, according to a recent survey conducted on behalf of Prestige Brands' Dramamine, with as many as 60% indicating that they most often suffer while riding as a passenger in a car.
Although many — 86% — agree that motion sickness is an unpleasant condition that can spoil travel plans, nearly half (46%) admit that they have no idea how to prevent it.
To help ensure worry-free travel this summer, Prestige Brands has launched the Road Warrior Alliance at RoadWarriorAlliance.com, an aggregation of educational information and advice and site where consumers also can request a free sample of Dramamine.
The Dramamine Road Warrior Alliance features two leading experts — Mark Savant of Savant Wellness, a San Francisco-based concierge medical practice focused on personal care and prevention, and Colleen Lanin, travel expert, author and founder of TravelMamas.com.
"Motion sickness is very common, but most people don't do anything to prevent or treat it, or treat it with ineffective methods," Savant said. "Many sufferers wait until it starts, but the key in avoiding motion sickness is to prevent it by taking an over-the-counter motion sickness relief product like Dramamine 30 minutes to an hour before travel."