- Google testing contact lens that works as glucose meter
- Focus on specialized needs boosts sales
- Comfort cleans up across category
- Report: Specialty pharmacy to account for half of all prescription revenue by 2018
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia recognizes Giant Food Stores for $5 million leadership gift
PHILADELPHIA — A study on Bausch + Lomb's Biotrue multipurpose contact lens solution published in the January edition of the journal Eye & Contact Lens: Science & Clinical Practice found that the solution can help improve eye health.
The solution helps maintain the antibacterial and bacteriolytic activity of tear film proteins, proteins that offer benefits that help keep eyes healthy, including natural defense against bacteria that can cause eye infections. Under normal conditions, the antimicrobial and other functions of the tear film proteins may be lost after denaturation (the breaking down of the cell walls) during contact lens wear.