- New alliance will crack down on adulterated products touting dietary supplement claims
- Community-based healthcare models can help diabetic patients
- Oramed announces publication in diabetes journal
- UnitedHealth: Cost of diabetes could be $3.35 trillion by 2020
- Special Diabetes Program reauthorized by Congress
BANGALORE, India — The Food and Drug Administration has approved a generic drug for diabetes made by Indian generic drug maker Strides Arcolab.
The FDA approved acarbose tablets in the 25-mg, 50-mg and 100-mg strengths. The drug is a niche drug used to treat Type 2 diabetes, Strides said.
Acarbose tablets have sales of about $21 million, according to IMS Health.