- Todd Vasos named Dollar General COO; former Duane Reade exec joins Dollar General executive team
- Nielsen survey: Price most persuasive when incentivizing brand switch; improved features least influential
- Study: Holiday gift card sales increase
- ‘Out of this world’ display takes top nod in annual Design of the Times awards
- CVS/pharmacy officially unveils new myWeekly Ad digital circular
PURCHASE, N.Y., and QUINCY, Mass. — Coinstar announced that customers utilizing its service at Stop & Shop stores now have the option of placing the full value of their coins, without fees, onto a Stop & Shop gift card.
In addition, customers also have the option to select a gift card from a variety of national retailers and e-retailers. The gift cards are immediately activated and can be used the same day.
"We've based our business on finding solutions to the ongoing economic challenges facing both retailers and consumers, and believe that the retailer gift card option stands out as a game-changer in the industry," said Mike Skinner, president of Coinstar's coin business. "The latest among our broad range of no fee offerings, the retailer card product guarantees greater consumer flexibility. We are pleased that Stop & Shop is among the first grocery retailers to offer this fee free option for customers redeeming their coins."