- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- Dr. Smith's Diaper Rash Ointment
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. — The philanthropic division of supermarket chain Stater Bros. has raised more than a quarter-million dollars for blood cancers.
Stater Bros. Charities and The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society said their "Light the Night" fundraising campaign raised $331,462. The campaign focuses on leukemia, Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin lymphoma, myeloma and myelodysplastic syndromes.
The company sold paper balloons at its 166 stores last month for $1 each. The campaign is in its sixth year and has raised more than $1.8 million in total.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.