- Coinstar, Seattle's Best Coffee bring coffee kiosks to supermarkets, drug stores and mass merchants nationwide
- Target soft opens western Canada stores
- Four Canada Safeway stores to receive Tim Hortons coffee outlets
- Low-calorie options energize sports drinks
- Arbitration proceeding brewing between Kraft, Starbucks
SEATTLE — Starbucks has made its global entry into the energy category with a new line of ready-to-drink beverages.
Starbucks said its Starbucks Refreshers line combines green coffee extract (made with 100% Arabica beans) with a boost of natural energy from caffeine and fruit juice. Each 12-oz. can touts 60 calories.
Starbucks Refreshers, currently sold at select stores, are available in raspberry pomegranate, strawberry lemonade and orange melon varieties.