- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- 5 Big Ideas from the 2013 Industry Issues Summit
SEATTLE — A new lighter roast coffee from Starbucks has debuted at retail.
Starbucks said its new Starbucks Blonde Roast is designed to cater to coffee drinkers that prefer a lighter roast to the brewer's current portfolio of medium and dark roast coffees.
"Starbucks Blonde Roast is our answer to providing a premium lighter roast coffee to appeal to those that describe Starbucks signature roast as too intense," Starbucks president of channel development Jeff Hansberry said. "This new roast profile will allow us to increase our share of the brewed coffee market down the grocery aisle where a majority of coffee sales are in the light and medium roast categories. This segment of the market represents a $1 billion opportunity for the company in the U.S. alone."
Starbucks Blonde Roast is available as whole bean, ground coffee and Starbucks Veranda Blend K-cup packs at retail and grocery stores nationwide. Additional varieties are available at Starbucks stores.