- Report: Dietary supplements utilized as preventive health care can save health system tens of billions of dollars
- Multivitamins, sleep supplements lead growth
- Pharmagen launches Warfarin-friendly multivitamin
- Walgreens partners with United Nations Foundation's Shot@Life campaign
- New cholesterol, obesity guidelines give greater role to statins, call for more research into weight-loss drugs
GARDEN GROVE, Calif. St. Paul Brands, a division of Affordable Quality Pharmaceuticals, has introduced R.G. (Red Gac) Skin Revitalizer, a dietary supplement for the skin.
Rich in carotenoid antioxidants, R.G. Skin Revitalizer comes in soft capsule form and is taken as part of one’s daily diet, essentially providing skin daily nourishment that works from the inside out to complement topical applications, the company stated.
“Gac fruit is an exceptional source of beta-carotene, lycopene and long-chain fatty acids,” stated Tracy Nguyen, Vietnam native and founder of St. Paul Brands. “It has 10 times more beta-carotene than carrots and 70 times more lycopene than tomatoes.” Beta-carotene, a natural carotenoid antioxidant found abundantly in Gac fruit, helps boost the immune system, assists the skin’s cellular rejuvenation process, and supports the structural integrity of the tissues.
Carotenoids, as plant pigments, function as protection of the plant against excess sunlight, according to the company.
R.G. Skin Revitalizer is packaged in bottles of 30 gelatin capsules and has a suggested retail price of $44.99.