NEW YORK St. Ives, an Alberto-Culver brand, is launching in January a line of scrubs and cleansers inspired "by the earth's timeless principles" of purity and balance.
There are five new items in the line aptly dubbed Elements: SPF 10 Cleanser; Olive Scrub; Olive Cleanser; Microdermabrasion; and Thermal Scrub. Print and TV support will begin February.
The company is targeting the prestige beauty shopper who is shopping at Sephora or department stores, and also provides the opportunity to trade up the current St. Ives user.
- SPF 10 Cleanser: St. Ives SPF 10 Cleanser deep cleans skin but leaves a SPF 10 protection behind, without the greasy feel or residue. It provides both UVA and UVB protection. It protects against 85 percent of rays and gives users 10x more protection than normal burn time, according to the company.
- Olive Scrub: This product gently exfoliates to reenergize and moisturize skin leaving it soft, smooth and healthy looking.
- Olive Cleanser: The product provides a deep clean daily but doesn’t irritate skin or leave a dried-out feeling.
- Microdermabrasion: This product gently exfoliates to remove skin-aging impurities giving users a deep clean, while smoothing away the appearance of fine lines and uneven skin texture.
- Thermal Scrub quickly warms on contact with water, relaxing skin’s pores to remove impurities and dull, dead skin cells.