- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Report: Specialty pharmacy to account for half of all prescription revenue by 2018
WOONSOCKET, R.I. — MinuteClinic announced that it is offering spring sports physicals at its facilities across the country to make it easier and more affordable for children and teenagers to head to the field and participate in organized sports.
Beginning March 1 to 31, MinuteClinic will offer the pre-participation physicals, which are required by many states, school systems and athletic leagues. MinuteClinic nurse practitioners and physician assistants will offer the exams seven days a week, including weekday evenings. No appointment is necessary.
Coaches, team leaders and athletic directors also can take advantage of an additional $5 team discount.
Once a child is cleared to play, MinuteClinic practitioners will stamp any required forms and reference the results provided on the official patient summary. Copies of the summary can be transmitted by electronic record, fax or mail to a primary care provider with patient permission.
In addition to sports physicals, MinuteClinic offers camp, college and Department of Transportation physicals on a daily basis at about 500 select CVS/pharmacy locations around the country.