- ‘Out of this world’ display takes top nod in annual Design of the Times awards
- CoverGirl signs singer, songwriter and rapper Becky G
- 'Flaming femme' eye look available exclusively at Ulta Beauty
- Pop star Katy Perry to be the newest face of CoverGirl
- CoverGirl spokeswoman Queen Latifah reigns as Pantene's newest brand ambassador
HUNT VALLEY, Md. — Procter & Gamble's CoverGirl brand has selected actress Sofia Vergara to be its newest spokesmodel.
The Emmy-nominated actress currently is shooting her first advertising campaign for the cosmetics brand. The ads are slated to debut in January 2012 and Vergara will be representing some new additions to the CoverGirl collection.
"We couldn't think of a better person to represent our brand. Sophia is gorgeous inside and out and has broad appeal," stated Vince Hudson, general manager for CoverGirl cosmetics. "She personifies what it means to be a CoverGirl through her confidence and beautiful sense of humor."
Vergara is a lead in ABC's "Modern Family" and also executive produced the Spanish version of "Desperate Housewives." Her upcoming movies include "The Smurfs" (August 2011), "Happy Feet 2" (November 2011), "New Year's Eve" (winter 2011) and "The Three Stooges" (coming in 2012).