- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- Study: Shoppers want more mobile content from brands, retailers
- Nielsen survey: Price most persuasive when incentivizing brand switch; improved features least influential
- Study: Coupons drive impulse purchases, don't erode share of full-price shoppers
- CVS/pharmacy officially unveils new myWeekly Ad digital circular
NEW YORK — Coupon publisher News America Marketing has launched a free couponing application for the iPad under its SmartSource brand.
The SmartSource Xpress app will give shoppers the ability to easily find and digitally "clip" coupons for products from a wide number of popular household names, the company said. The savings then can be sent to consumers' registered shopper cards with a tap of the screen and automatically redeemed using Direct2Card technology at participating store checkouts. SmartSource Xpress coupons will be accepted through the SmartSource D2C retailer network, which includes about 4,000 stores, and is expected by News America to expand over the coming year.
"Consumers lives have never been more on the go and shoppers are relying more and more on their mobile devices to help them navigate through their daily tasks," SmartSource iGroup SVP Henri Lellouche said. "SmartSource Xpress is a tool that will help shoppers plan their shopping trips, save them money on the products they use every day from their favorite brands, and make it easy and fun to find and redeem these savings."
The SmartSource Xpress app will be available for download from the iTunes Store in March.