- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- CNNMoney sits down with Walgreens chief to discuss future of health care and what it means for pharmacy
- Walgreens Infusion Services can save $10.8 million in healthcare costs annually
- Walgreens' corporate operations VP tapped to lead health care for Boots in U.K. and Ireland
- On the heels of Q3, Walgreens outlines shift in front-end strategy and pharmacy tailwinds looking forward
TITUSVILLE, Fla. — Infopia America last week announced that its new SmartDiabetes product line has launched in 284 Walgreens drug stores in central and northeast Florida. The central Florida Walgreens region includes stores in Jacksonville, Orlando, Lakeland, Daytona Beach and Melbourne.
The SmartDiabetes product line features both a blood-glucose monitor and blood-pressure monitor, which are enabled to transmit their results to a HIPPA-compliant server for prompt and accurate provider and caregiver review. The server, which is branded the Test n’ Share Network, is powered by the Eocene System, allowing patients to manage their personal health records and electronic log books, as well as share them in real-time with their healthcare team.
“At Infopia America, our mission is to improve testing compliance and enhance patient care through increased communication using result sharing technology,” said Bryan Sowards, CEO of Infopia America. “We believe the new affordable SmartDiabetes product line will allow persons with diabetes a way to proactively manage their condition with their healthcare team for better outcomes.”
Walgreens has trained its area pharmacists and store managers and will be showcasing the SmartDiabetes line next to the pharmacy on an endcap. “We are looking forward to enhancing the lives of our customers with diabetes by offering them the SmartDiabetes solution,” said Marlin Hutchens, regional VP for Walgreens. “We are extremely excited about the impact the SmartDiabetes program will have in creating a stronger consultative relationship [among] our pharmacists, customers and their healthcare team. The SmartDiabetes program takes patient care to the next level, and we strongly believe everyone benefits from that.”