- Walgreens partners with United Nations Foundation's Shot@Life campaign
- FDA issues rules for gluten-free food labeling
- Study: Cough-cold manufacturers' voluntary label change on pediatric products reduced ER admissions
- Walgreens partners with Chicago Public Schools and city health department on Tdap vaccination project
- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
BOCA RATON, Fla. Weight-management products company Smart for Life has developed a diet cookie for those with gluten sensitivity.
The gluten-free banana chocolate chip granola square has no preservatives and is made with many organic ingredients and a balanced protein formula with healthy fats and carbohydrate ratios. As with all Smart for Life products, this gluten-free line also effectively suppresses the appetite, the company said.
"The gluten-free market is growing, but unfortunately, a lot of gluten-free products do not taste that great. We have been able to create a delicious taste profile that people will be amazed to know happens to be gluten-free," said Richard Kayne, Smart for Life COO.