- Peter McMahon appointed as Shopko CEO
- Shopko to open two Hometown stores next year, further expanding small format
- Shopko Hometown Foundation to donate up to $2,000 per store to school districts
- Shopko offers interim supplies of drugs to insurance marketplace enrollees
- Shopko supports breast cancer research in new merchandising campaign
GREEN BAY, Wis. — Shopko is opening five new small-format stores this month, the mass merchandise retailer said Monday.
The retailer opened the doors Monday to three Shopko Hometown stores in Ellsworth, Wis.; St. Peter, Minn.; and Winneconne, Wis. Two more openings are planned on Nov. 11 for Afton, Wyo., and Tomahawk, Wis. Shopko operates 330 stores in the Midwest, North Central, Mountain West and Pacific Northwest regions, including — with the five new locations — 180 Shopko Hometown stores.
"We're excited to continue the growth of the Shopko Hometown concept with these new stores and expect them to be well-received by residents in each of these five great communities," Shopko interim CEO and COO Mike Bettiga said. "We understand that consumers in smaller towns want convenient access to the same variety of high-quality goods and on-trend merchandise without having to travel a good distance from their community. Our Hometown customers tell us they appreciate the vastly improved shopping experience and access to a broad, differentiated selection of merchandise, including products and brands previously not available to them locally."