- Peter McMahon appointed as Shopko CEO
- Shopko to open two Hometown stores next year, further expanding small format
- Shopko Hometown Foundation to donate up to $2,000 per store to school districts
- Shopko opens five Shopko Hometown stores in November
- Shopko supports breast cancer research in new merchandising campaign
GREEN BAY, Wis. — Shopko will open five small-format stores in Minnesota and Wisconsin, the mass merchandise retailer said.
The five Shopko Hometown stores will be in Afton, Wyo., St. Peter, Minn., and Winneconne, Ellsworth and Tomahawk, Wis. The stores are expected to open in late fall. The Shopko Hometown format is designed to serve smaller, rural communities and augment the chain's larger stores and will total 181 out of the chain's more than 330 total stores once the new stores are completed.
"We understand that consumers in smaller towns are looking for the same variety of high-quality goods and trend-right merchandise that can be found in larger cities," Shopko interim CEO and COO Mike Bettiga said. "Customers of our Hometown stores tell us they appreciate the vastly improved shopping experience and access to a broad, differentiated selection of merchandise, including products and brands previously not available in their community."
Get connected and follow us on LinkedIn for the most in-depth coverage of drug store news. Join the conversation.