- Salix Pharmaceuticals introduces Rx topical foam to treat a form of inflammatory bowel disease
- FDA advisory committee recommends approval for Takeda's vedolizumab
- FDA pushes back target date for review of Takeda drug in patients with ulcerative colitis
- Takeda starts phase-3 trials of vedolizumab
- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
CHESTERBROOK, Pa. — Drug maker Shire has launched an online information website for patients in the United States with ulcerative colitis, the company said Thursday.
The website, Shire UCentral, includes information for patients and caregivers. UC is a chronic disease that causes inflammation in the lining of the colon and rectum.
"The patient is at the heart of everything we do at Shire, and that includes Shire UCentral, which was designed with patient needs in mind and to provide an optimal viewing experience on smartphones, tablets or desktop computers," Shire Gastrointestinal Business Unit head Roger Adsett said. "Our new online resource center also reflects Shire's commitment to being a leader in gastroenterology."