- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
NORTHVALE, N.J. — Initial shipment of a generic appetite suppressant has started, the drug's manufacturer said Thursday.
Elite Pharmaceuticals announced the initial shipment of phendimetrazine tartrate tablets in the 35-mg strength, a generic version of Valeant's Bontril PDM, under a manufacturing and supply agreement with Mikah Pharma. Actavis, recently acquired by Watson Pharmaceuticals, will distribute the drug as part of a distribution agreement between Mikah and Actavis.
Bontril PDM and generic versions of it had sales of about $3.5 million during the 12-month period ended in September 2012, according to IMS Health.