- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome patient Ellen Smith serves as advocate for pain relief access
- Lipstick brightens segment with bold sales
- USPLabs agrees to recall and destroy dietary supplement following FDA actions
- Estée Lauder names Jane Lauder global brand president of Clinique
- Target unveils new Sonia Kashuk beauty for spring 2014
NEW YORK —Judging by the sales numbers, the overall lip gloss category has lost some of its luster. However, that couldn’t be further from the truth for Maybelline New York’s Shine Sensational lip gloss.
The Shine Sensational collection, which is comprised of 18 shades, like Cocoa Fever, Crazy for Caramel and Berry Dazzle, has been a hit among beauty mavens.
The collection launched in January 2010, and, according to the 12-week data ended Sept. 5 from SymphonyIRI Group, sales soared to $2.3 million, taking the No. 2 spot behind L’Oréal’s Infallible lip gloss. For the 52 weeks ended Sept. 5, sales totaled more than $7.5 million across food, drug and mass (excluding Walmart, club stores and gas/c-stores).
Shine Sensational lip gloss features undiluted pigments for crystal-clear color and has fruit nectars to enhance taste and provide shine.