- Report: NYC department stores revamping beauty as competition heats up
- Cuomo supports Binghamton University's pharmacy school
- New York's online database of drug prescriptions curtailing 'doctor shopping'
- Reports: Tops Friendly Markets management buys chain from Morgan Stanley Capital Partners
- SheaMoisture to sponsor Korto Momolu collection at NY Fashion Week
HICKSVILLE, N.Y. — New Business Solutions recently introduced its Product Protection System, a loss-prevention shelving solution. The new shelving unit helps thwart professional shoplifting groups by eliminating the ability to sweep a shelf by dumping an entire shelf of merchandise into a duffel bag at once.
However, the unit does not inhibit legitimate customers from accessing the product. The gravity feed front orientation of a PPS designed to display baby formula, for example, allows one canister of formula to be dispensed at a time. There is a 20-second delay before another canister can be accessed, and no power supply is required, the company stated. The PPS can be customized to accommodate various product sizes and fit into an assortment of planograms, the company noted.
Drug Store News inadvertently misidentified “New Business Solutions” as “National Business Solutions” in our Dec. 13, 2010, issue. Above is the corrected story.