- Insurance rollout shows pharmacies and NACDS in action
- NACDS RxImpact shines spotlight on pharmacists' increasing role in delivery of healthcare services
- Speck introduces new iPhone 5s case with slim-fitting design
- NACDS issues statement on White House health reform meeting
- Supervalu launches fleet of natural gas-powered trucks out of Virginia
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Mars Petcare will use responsible sourcing of fish for its fish-based Sheba product lines, the company said Monday.
The company said it plans to use only sustainably sourced fish by 2020, offering only fish that are farmed or wild-caught from environmentally sustainable sources. The new sourcing program is based on the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch program sourcing recommendations.
"As the world's leading pet care company, we understand the importance of our ingredient sourcing choices and how they can make a positive impact on the environment," Mars Petcare U.S. marketing services director Tina Garcia said. "By using responsibly sourced fish for our Sheba Entrees, we have made it easy for pet owners to shop with confidence and to reward the most environmentally responsible fishing practices."