- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- Report: Dietary supplements utilized as preventive health care can save health system tens of billions of dollars
- Rite Aid, GNC extend partnership through 2019, allowing at least 300 new 'store-within-a-store' locations over five years
- Pharmagen launches Warfarin-friendly multivitamin
- FortiFX, celebrity chef Robert Irvine unveil new baked protein bars
PHOENIX — Shadow Beverages and GNC on Thursday launched a ready-to-drink GNC beverage line now available across Arizona and Nevada store locations.
The new GNC line consists of 14 beverages featuring scientifically advanced nutrition across the sports nutrition, nutritional waters and protein nutrition categories. It includes "extreme performance" drinks designed for the experienced athlete and "active" beverages formulated to meet the hydration and metabolic needs of everyday fitness enthusiasts.
"Our development team worked closely with Shadow Beverages for nearly a year reviewing hundreds of formulations to ensure the highest quality final products," stated Tom Dowd, EVP, chief merchandising officer and general manager. The GNC beverages currently are available through distribution partners Kalil Bottling and Nevada Beverage and are gaining distribution through additional independent retailer outlets, including Quik Trip, Terrible Herbst, Frys, Bashes, Southwest Convenience and AMPM.
"Our partnership with these distributors gives the new GNC beverage line great access to many channels of business," said George Martinez, president of Shadow Beverages. "Thus far, sales have exceeded our expectations, and we couldn't be more pleased with the level of in-market execution from Kalil Bottling and Nevada Beverages sales teams. We anticipate additional distribution partners to be introduced across many states in the coming months."
GNC and Shadow Beverages entered into a licensing agreement in 2011 to produce, market and sell drinks under the GNC Live Well trademark for sale across a wide range of retail outlets.