- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
WASHINGTON — The Consumer Healthcare Products Association recently issued the first piece in its “Your Health at Hand” awareness campaign with a cost analysis that found Americans can avoid approximately 50 million unnecessary visits to primary care physicians each year, resulting in $5 billion in annualized savings thanks to self-care.
According to physicians surveyed, at least 10% of their office visits could have been resolved instead with a trip to the front-end of the pharmacy.
It’s a message that ought to resonate with both consumers in search of fiscal relief and policy-makers debating where they want to take healthcare legislation.