- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- NASPA honors 42 pharmacists with innovation award
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- NACDS, NCPA, GPhA express support for Drug Quality and Security Act
WASHINGTON — The Consumer Healthcare Products Association recently issued the first piece in its “Your Health at Hand” awareness campaign with a cost analysis that found Americans can avoid approximately 50 million unnecessary visits to primary care physicians each year, resulting in $5 billion in annualized savings thanks to self-care.
According to physicians surveyed, at least 10% of their office visits could have been resolved instead with a trip to the front-end of the pharmacy.
It’s a message that ought to resonate with both consumers in search of fiscal relief and policy-makers debating where they want to take healthcare legislation.