- Nielsen survey: Price most persuasive when incentivizing brand switch; improved features least influential
- P&G's new Crest Be aims to offer 'unexpected experience'
- Curtin, Mack talk strategic alignment and the art of co-creation at Shopper Marketing Expo
- Kleenex partners with Isaac Mizrahi for new designs
- Dr. brandt skin care launches its first ever national ad campaign
CLEARWATER, Fla.— As Seen On TV — a multichannel distributor of products in such areas as kitchen, outdoor, electronics and clothing — on Monday announced that it signed a memorandum of understanding to acquire Infusion Brands International, the marketer behind the renowned "Dual" brand and the strategic partner of Ronco Holdings.
The combined companies will be based in Clearwater, Fla., and will feature a portfolio of such revenue-generating direct response brands as AsSeenOnTv.com, eDiets, DualSaw, Dual Tools and D.O.C. cleaning. Similar to As Seen on TV, Infusion Brands has successfully marketed brands in all channels of distribution; it has expanded its distribution both domestically and internationally through global live-shopping channels.
"Infusion Brands has terrific brands and is renowned for its breakthrough design and innovation heritage," Ronald C. Pruett, Jr., CEO and President of As Seen On TV, Inc., said. "This is a significant step for As Seen On TV and our multichannel distribution platform. The new brands and distribution opportunities, including global retail, should dramatically increase the As Seen on TV inventor licensing opportunities along with our online e-commerce and crowdfunding site traffic."
The transaction is expected to close in the first quarter of 2014.