MIAMI Navarro Discount Pharmacies has launched the second year of its free Diabetes Club for customers and has expanded it to now include information on juvenile diabetes.
"This year, Navarro's Diabetes Club will focus primarily on education specifically related to nutrition, exercise and prevention for adults and children with diabetes," stated Albert Garcia, EVP pharmacy. "The goal of the Diabetes Club is to educate parents and children about good eating habits, what foods to eat and what foods to avoid, as well as regular exercise."
Navarro Diabetes Club includes the following benefits:
- Free prescription delivery to home or office;
- Free 60-day supply of Premier Value insulin syringes;
- Discounts of up to 15% off on all diabetes prescriptions, up to 25% of on diabetes supplies and 10% off on Navarro's Premier Value products;
- Free health screenings and glucose testing in partnership with Abbott Diagnostics and Clinical Divisions;
- Educational programs held at different store locations on such topics as heart disease and diabetes, controlling diabetes by dieting and exercising, the effects of smoking in diabetics and living the best quality of life with diabetes;
- Training on how to use new and updated glucose monitors;
- Access to Navarro's online Web resource center;
- Invitations to monthly social and educational events; and
- A quarterly newsletter with additional diabetes information.
In addition, Navarro has partnered with Abbott Diagnostics and Clinical Divisions as the title sponsor of the American Diabetes Association's annual "Step Out: Walk to Fight Diabetes" in Miami on Nov. 6.