- Sears names supermarket veteran Michel chief of food, health and pharmacy efforts
- Conversocial tallies consumer complaint social media scorecard for U.S. retailers
- Kmart targets Hispanic moms with online 'telenovela' series
- Sears Holdings taps former OfficeMax exec to lead grocery, drug and Rx business
- Kmart, Sears offer new mobile, online, layaway services for holiday season
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill. — Sears Holdings recently finished its latest "Fitness Flagship" store-within-a-store, which it now has at more than 30 Sears stores, the retailer said.
Sears Holdings, which operates the Sears and Kmart store chains, said the 6,000-sq.-ft. stores feature polished hardwood stores, tall mirrors and expanded fitness equipment layouts designed to resemble a gym.
The company also said its fitness website, FitStudio, has become "the most comprehensive online fitness community for both fitness enthusiasts and professionals." The site includes blog posts about fitness trends, video demonstrations of exercises and workouts and a database with information on more than 130,000 personal trainers and fitness events.
"Whether just starting a new workout routine or a longtime fitness enthusiast, customers want a complete solution," Sears Holdings SVP and president for fitness, sporting goods and toys Hugo Malan said. "Sears sells more fitness equipment than anyone else, and we believe in continually improving our offering, so we have built an online fitness community and developed new destinations that attract customers both in-store and online."