- Sears Holdings takes steps to improve Q3 performance
- Share of sales from Shop Your Way members grows as Q4 2013 comps have fallen, Kmart parent company says
- Sears Holdings posts Q4 results, sees drop in comp sales at Kmart
- Kmart, Sears offer free 90-day memberships in Shop Your Way Max
- Pharmaca's Mark Panzer to pursue opportunity at Sears Holding
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill. — A report in the New York Post that Sears Holdings is looking to sell its Canadian division is false, the retailer said.
The Post reported that Sears Holdings chairman and CEO Eddie Lampert was talking with investment bankers at the possibility of selling Sears Canada.
"This morning's report concerning Sears Canada by the New York Post contains false statements regarding Sears Holdings and its intentions for Sears Canada," a statement by the company read. "In particular, it is false to claim that Mr. Lampert, the CEO of Sears Holdings, is in talks with investment bankers about Sears Holdings' interest in Sears Canada. Similarly, the claim that Mr. Lampert is conducting a 'beauty contest' also is false."