- Sears Holdings takes steps to improve Q3 performance
- Sears Holdings posts Q4 results, sees drop in comp sales at Kmart
- Share of sales from Shop Your Way members grows as Q4 2013 comps have fallen, Kmart parent company says
- Pharmaca's Mark Panzer to pursue opportunity at Sears Holding
- Reports: L'Oréal to stop selling Garnier in China
Sears is banking on beauty and is hoping that its recent expansion into beauty not only encourages more women to see the softer side of Sears, but also will bolster cross-category shopping.
Following a 13-store test nationwide in 2010, Sears now is expanding its beauty offerings to more than 100 store locations and online at Sears.com. The departments will include new fixtures in a dedicated space, giving consumers access to mass-market brands at the mall. The new cosmetic departments will include products from such brands as L’Oréal, Revlon, CoverGirl and Maybelline. The departments also will feature nail care from Sally Hansen, Nicole by OPI and Essie, as well as an assortment of skin care and fragrances. Beauty advisers will staff the departments to offer makeup tips and advice.